Off Page Optimization, Off Page SEO, Off Page Factors, Methods of Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO or search engine optimization is doing things off site to improve your sites search engine rankings. Off page optimization essentially consists of all of the ranking factors that are not situated on your webpage, which the search engines look at when ranking a website.
- Which websites link to you
- The number of websites linking to you
- The Google of the website linking to you
- The page title of the website linking to you
- The anchor text used in the link linking to you
- The number and type of links linking to the website that's linking to you.
- The number of outbound links on the website that is linking to you
- The total number of links on the website that is linking to you
- Whether or not the websites linking to you are deemed by Google as an authority website.
- The IP Address of the websites linking to you.
- Plus some other things that we'll get to later...
In off page method is useful to increase your website rankings by exchanging the links with your competitor’s website. More quality links will generally lead to better Google PageRank and better search engine rankings.
When you are trying to get additional links you need to think about worth. The best types of links that you can get are from trusted sources such as universities, newspapers and even some of the top notch directories such as dmoz and Yahoo.
How to get good links and Off Page Factors:
- Is this site or page relevant to what I do?
- Is this site linking out to any low quality off topic sites?
- Is this site or page going to send the right sort of traffic?
- Is this site or page ranking well in the search engines?
- Does this site have a lot of links from other websites?
- Does sites using the rel=nofollow tag to link to you or sites that use a redirect to link to you will not help you,
Methods of Off Page Optimization:
- Press releases
- Article distribution
- Social networking via sites like Digg and Slashdot
- Link campaigns, such as asking complementary businesses to provide links
- Directory listings
- Link exchanges
- Three-way linking
- One-way linking
- Forum posting